Welcome to the Healthy Ever After 90 Day Challenge! I hope you will join me over the next 12 weeks while I push myself to transform my body through clean eating and exercise. The challenge is not a one-size fits all solution to weight loss and overall well- being, but rather a call to action or a battle cry. And it says, “Hey you. Yeah, you! The sleep deprived mom, the overwhelmed college student, the busy professional and the ritual dieter or fitness newb. The time is now! Time to take control of your life.”
What Is The 90 Day Challenge?
The Healthy Ever After Challenge is a 90 day commitment to creating a healthier you! Starting on October 1st, challenge participants will begin the process of cleaning up their diets with natural, minimally processed food. In addition, challenge participants will increase overall daily activity while maintaining a regular fitness regimen. It sounds simple–because it is. This is a back-to-basics approach to rebooting your body and your life. In the beginning everything will seem hard, but after the first 30 days you should notice that your clothes fit just a little better and you have a lot more energy than you did before. The 90-Day Challenge is a jump-start to living a healthy lifestyle. And oh yeah… a rockin bod! It will be a transformation of your mind, body, and life. Over the next few months I will provide resources and motivation to help you reach the first of many goals to come.
What To Expect?
I will provide weekly updates of my weigh-in results to help give you a sense of how the challenge is working for me. I will also share what I am eating and the workouts I’m following. Each week there will be a series of articles focusing on diet/nutrition and fitness to help support you on your way to goal. Though it is not required, you are more than welcome to share your before and after pictures at the end of the challenge. I would love to post success stories to help others who decide they might want to take the challenge at a later date.
I am a normal girl just like you trying to figure things out. Over time I will experiment with different diets and fitness routines to see what works. I will report back to you with my honest feedback to help you decide if you want to give it a try. I guess you can just think of me as your personal guinea pig 😉 Stay tuned for more articles to help jump-start your new lifestyle changes.
Healthy Ever After 90 Day Challenge Rules:
- Keep a food journal
- Try to eat every 2-3 hours throughout the day (That’s 3 meals and 2 snacks)
- Try to prepare your meals at home and only eat out occasionally
- Try to workout 1 hr a day 3-5 times a week.
- Drink at least 3-4 liters of water a day
- Try to increase your overall activity by walking with a goal of 10,000 steps a day
- Allow yourself at least one rest day
- Allow yourself one cheat meal a week
- Only weigh yourself once a week
- Take 3 “before” pictures (front, back and side for your own reference)
- Reduce your sugar intake (Around no more than 5 grams of sugar per serving)
- Sign up for the Shrederella newsletter to receive my FREE 30 day meal plan, shopping lists, recipes and the latest workout challenges.