Hello, my name is Tiffany, and I have a restricted diet. According to my allergist, I am allergic to oats, dairy and a couple other dozen foods that are found in almost everything! I have learned to substitute my favorite dishes with their healthy alternative from homemade bread to “fake” cashew cheese. My attempts and new discoveries have lead me to a whole new world of food and optimal health. It’s not always a bad thing. It’s sort of a blessing. I would like to share my rendition of my beloved Coconut Yogurt Parfait with No oats, No soy and No diary! I started making this morning treat when I noticed that Trader Joe’s started carrying coconut yogurt. Coconut yogurt is made from coconut milk, which makes it dairy free. Here’s what you will need to duplicate this lovely meal for breakfast! It only takes about 5 minutes to create.
- Coconut Yogurt (I bought mine from Trader Joe’s but it can also be found at Whole Foods and Earthfare)
- Raw Cashews
- Raw Almonds
- Fresh blueberries
- Fresh Kiwi
- Pitted Dates
- Cut up the Kiwi into small pieces
- Soak and rinse blueberries
- Grab a handful of Cashews and put into the food processor
- Grab half a handful of Almonds and add to the food processor
- Add one date in the food processor and blend all three ingredients up for 3 seconds. You will notice the concoction resembles granola.
- Grab your coconut yogurt and layer all the ingredients as you wish. I always try to create at least 6 different layers. I like my fruit (blueberry and kiwi) to start at the bottom, then the yogurt and then the granola always ending with a little fruit on top for beauty.
I hope you enjoy! Let me know if you try it and love it.