Putting dinner on the table can be an exhausting affair. Every once in a while the stars align in the cosmos and the dinner gods bless us with a magical one pot meal that takes very little time to prepare, but yields amazing results. This is that recipe. My Roasted Lemon Rosemary Chicken with Potatoes Onions and Asparagus is a succulent one pot wonder and has a pan sauce that is out of this world! So what are you waiting for? Make this for dinner tonight. Oh, and you’re welcome.
- 1 package cut-up whole chicken (about 3 to 3½ pounds) cut breasts halved crosswise
- 1 large red onion, cut into eighths
- 1 head garlic, cloves separated and left unpeeled
- 1 pound baby potatoes, halved (quartered if large)
- 1 bunch asparagus trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 sprigs of rosemary minced fine
- 1 lemon, quartered
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Coarse kosher salt and ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Arrange chicken skin side up with potatoes, onion, lemon and garlic in a 12-by-16-inch roasting pan.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle half rosemary on top.
- Whisk together remaining half of rosemary with olive oil, vinegar and drizzle over chicken and vegetables.
- Place pan in the oven and roast for about 40 minutes. Remove pan and add asparagus. Continue cooking until asparagus are done and chicken is brown and cooked through, about 10 to 15 minutes longer.
2.You can turn on the broiler at the end if you want it extra brown and crispy. Make sure to keep a careful eye on it so it doesn't burn.